PI Legal Assistant.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Legal Assistant / Paralegal to join a Manchester City Centre based law firm. The firm is looking for someone to join a new team providing a high level of support and co-ordination to the operations team by managing day to day activities relating to claims funded by after the event insurance (ATEI).
You will be required to have experience within a law firm and have excellent organisational skills in order to be considered for this PI Legal Assistant role.
Duties in this PI Legal Assistant role will include:
- Review risk assessments and policy applications – identifying the case type and then incepting / create a correct policy (and supporting documents)
- Amend/extend policies as required
- Advise the lawyers as and when required – e.g. where the client is deceased to ensure we have a contract with correct client – e.g. Grant of probate/letter of administration, transferring the cover to the correct party
- Build strong business relationships with internal stakeholders
- Provide updates to underwriters regarding any part 36 offer, issuing proceedings/limitation date, trial date
- Submit ATE claims to insurers – updating Mattersphere/CFA database
- Maintain knowledge of all the relevant funding arrangements within the firm
- Support the process of updating the insurer on case progress as appropriate
- Support the audit of funding elements of live files as required
- Support the organisation and co-ordination of external audits requested by ATEI providers
For more information on this PI Legal Assistant role based in Manchester, please contact Gemma Taylor. 0161 207 2000.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.